Sunspot

Lots of talk in the past week about the upcoming solar eclipse, and that, although its only a partial one, its the best one in the UK since August 1999, and that the next full eclipse visible from here isn't until 2080, or 2081. 

I remember exactly where I was on that last eclipse in 1999, not because I made a big deal out of it, but because I'd been on holiday with a mate, and we were flying back from LA. My memory tells me that it was a Virgin Airlines flight, that they handed out glasses to view the eclipse on the flight, and that it was visible from one side of the plane and they encouraged everybody to go to that side to get a look. Obvs it would have been more effective if you had a window seat on that side, but I do remember getting a quick glimpse, and obviously we weren't as impacted by the low clouds which blighted much of the rest of the UK. 

We saw REM at the Greek Theatre on the 9th August, and then flew back to the UK the following day. Ever since, my mate has been grumbling about the fact that we should have bought tickets for both that show and the one they played the following night. Of course - had we done so, we wouldn't have been flying back during the eclipse  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brookie

The Daredevils 2

Memories